BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 22, 2010

CAUTION - Rip Current Warning...please don't flash the fishes



In our last blog I mentioned that last Sunday Jo and I, and our families, went to the beach and the waves were HUGE, but I didn't have my camera to back up my claim of wave hugeness. I was smarter today.

I woke up this morning and immediately checked the weather. Had to make sure it was another perfect beach day for Jo and I and our families. Partly cloudy skies, upper 70s, no rain...but wait...a warning? What type of warning could there possibly be on such a perfect day? I clicked on the little warning sign and it said: CAUTION- Rip current warning. Which means only one thing HUGE WAVES!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, we take rip current warnings very seriously. First rule, respect Lady Lake Michigan. She is a beauty, but she can be deadly if not respected. So I went over all the rules with my kids about the waves and the rip currents, etc...then we all did a happy dance....WOO HOO BIG WAVES!!!!!

Enjoy some pics of our super fabulous day at the beach enjoying BIG WAVES! Thank you Mother Nature for the North winds blowing across Lake Michigan. And sorry to all the fishes I accidentally flashed while body surfing and being pounded by waves.




Look, Hopie-Jo toes! :)

0 comments: