BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 20, 2010

Work Hard and Play Hard....well...kinda!

Reins of Life Dog and Pony Show...AWESOME!!! 2ND Saturday local artist event in LaPorte...AWESOME! It was a super busy Saturday last weekend, but we had a blast and it was well worth it.

We were a bit worried when we woke up to rain last Saturday, but by the time we got to Reins of Life and got our booth set up, the rain had stopped. One nice thing about the rain, it kept the heat down in the morning. By afternoon the sun came out as did the heat and humidity. But it was all good, we were in the horse barn! :) Oh yes, since the weather was hot, vendors got to set up in the horse arena of the barn. It definitely kept us cool, but the sand floor was a bit messy. Truth be told, we were glad to be inside.

Booth pics!




We used two tables and filled them both!


Doesn't our booth look so full and pretty!


A pic of the inside of the barn

Our families came to visit us and take in the events of the Dog and Pony show. I wanted to go home with a Shiloh Shepherd. She was a 9 month old rescue and I fell in love with her. But hubby said no...so I refrained from adding extra chaos to our already hectic life. If it were up to Jo's kids, she would have been taking home a Japanese Chin. Anyway, we both made it through the day without adding a family member, much to the relief of our husbands.

After a long day at the Dog and Pony Show, we headed into LaPorte for the 2nd Saturday artist event. We hung out at Goose Feathers, met some shoppers, was interviewed by the LaPorte Herald Argus, and had a great time. If you live in La Porte, or close by, stop by Goose Feathers. Not only do we have a super cute display and fabulous charms, but the rest of the store is really cute too! Jo and I both purchased a couple items while we were there.

I wasn't smart enough to take a picture of our display, but I did take a pic of the outside of the store.
YEA Goose Feathers!!

Jo and I, and our families, relaxed all day on the beach on Sunday. Definitely needed after our crazy Saturday. It was a perfect boogie boarding/body surfing day. The waves were HUGE! Of course, I forgot my camera, so I can't visually back up my claim at the size of the waves. But I seriously don't remember them ever being any bigger than they were on Sunday. Crazy big...and so much fun! Me and my bikini had a hard time dealing with the force of the waves! I always had to check myself before standing up...I think I probably flashed some underwater lake life during the course of the day! So much fun!!

Tuesday Jo and I took our kids to Brookfield Zoo. The weather was perfect; partly cloudy and not too hot. Here are a couple pics from the day.




I would include a pic of Jo on her scooter, but she would probably get really mad at me! Since her back still isn't better, she rented a scooter to get around the zoo. She rode it like a champ and didn't run over any kids. Yea Jo!!

Jo's kids started school on Tuesday, but mine don't start until next Wednesday, so I took my kids back to the beach on Thursday. No waves on Thursday, the water was really calm. Of course, I remembered to bring my camera but no exciting waves for fabulous picture taking fun. So I just took a couple random shots, just because the beach is so gorgeous and I pinch myself everyday that I live here again. I really missed the beach and "my" lake! And the beach was practically empty 'cause some schools had already started!


The beach!


My kids in the water.


My knees!


That's my pretty hot pink toe.


Blue bucket...nothing more.

So after a week of play, Jo and I are ready to focus on Hopie-Jo again! My super fabulous friend Michelle (she designed our logo/stickers/business cards, etc) ordered some Hopie-Jo swag for her niece's birthday. Hopie-Jo LOVES CUSTOM ORDERS (I think we've mentioned that before). Here is a pic of what we put together for her niece.


A holder, 6 charms, and 2 necklaces. I hope her niece loves it!!

We have 2 craft shows coming up, the LaPorte Sunflower Festival on September 18 and a Holiday Craft Show at Indian Trail Elementary School in LaPorte in November. Along with preparing for those shows, we are going to try and get our product into a couple more local stores, one in Valparaiso and one in Chesterton. And we are going to get lots more product on our Etsy site. Lots to do, but with kids in school, we'll have more time to get it all done!

1 comments:

michelle said...

Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!!...ya know, all the stuff for my niece. :) Haven't actually seen it in person yet, so I was happy & ecstatic & surprised to get a sneak preview! It's absolutely gorgeous and perfect. :)
Congrats on the Dog & Pony Show success (your booth looked awesome!)
And your boy looks so, well, 7TH GRADE! I can't get over how much he's changed. Damn time. Goes much too fast.
Thanks again, talented friend! xoxoxo