BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 16, 2010

Bows…really…more bows?

Jo and I never subjected our daughters, when they were little, to placing a bow, big or small, in their hair. It just wasn’t our thing. We were never big advocates of the baby headband, or giant bows larger than the child’s head. Don’t get me wrong, we were never anti-bow, just never jumped on the bow bandwagon, which proved very hard for me when I moved to Little Rock, and my daughter was only 3, and the south LOVES big bows; the bigger the better. I felt a little out of place not sticking a giant bow in my daughter’s hair. But she didn’t seem to mind. She would barely let me brush her hair, there was no way she was going to let me put something in it.

So, with our indifference to bows, what the heck are we doing making so many of them?!?!?! Maybe if Hopie-Jo bottle cap bow barrettes and headbands had been in existence when our girls were younger, we might have had an entirely different outlook on the big bow! Because take a look at this!


Can this precious girl get any cuter!!!! And how cute is that bow headband?


She was the perfect model. Never fussed once, even as we changed the bows and kept snapping shots.



Yes, we are now on the bow bandwagon. We LOVE bows. I’ll even be wearing a bottle cap bow headband at Chesterton’s European Market in a couple weeks. All you local folks swing by the European Market on May 1 and witness first hand our new found love of bows.


And fear not, our bottle cap charms are still a very big part of our business. Just ask my daughter, she is quite the salesperson. I think she sold $50 worth of charms and necklaces to her classmates last week. And we still have about 7 orders to fill. I think they are finally catching on up here.


We are also knee deep in custom orders! YIIPPPEEEE!!! We are waiting for some supplies to come in, but once they do we will have Cubs, Bears, Black Hawks, White Sox, IU, Purdue (as much as it pains me to type Purdue, all my Hoosier alumni buddies, fear not, Jo will be making all things Purdue related so I don’t end up with hives or something) Butler Bulldogs (Hoosier basketball at its finest), Duke (because order has been restored), Arkansas (woo pig sooey) Pulaski Academy, Chesterton Trojans, LaPorte Slicers, maybe even Valparaiso Vikings (although Valpo=Alpo. I had that on a swim shirt in high school), Michigan City Wolves, and the list goes on and on. Again, we love custom orders. And we can customize the barrettes, headbands, or charms. We aim to please.


And don’t forget about our newsletter that doesn’t exist yet. If you want to be one of the first to receive our awesome newsletter that we will one day design and email out, send us an email to hopiejo@gmail.com and let us know you want to be included. We promise it will be worth it! Coupons and stuff….everyone likes coupons!


Oh, one last thing, Wrights Flowers and Gifts in Michigan City, Indiana is now carrying our bottle cap bow barrettes in the store. If you’re local, stop in and have a look.

0 comments: