BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 9, 2010

We've got such talented and creative friends!


This is my first, off the cuff, blog. I'm one of those bloggers who will write it first (that's right, write, pen to paper...so vintage...so old school), then type it into word, then read it a hundred times, while tweaking and editing and still not be completely satisfied in the end, but I will then cut and paste it into the blog and be done with it. So I have no idea how this one will go...there's no turning back, I got one shot (not really, I can always edit it, but that's not as exciting to say).


Hopie-Jo has incredibly talented friends. The first one is Lee-Ann and her fabulous Etsy shop Whoopsie Daisies. She is all vintage all the time and sews like a pro. You need to go check out her blog, Whoopsie Daisies Days because she is currently doing a giveaway. I really shouldn't be sending you all to her blog for the giveaway, cause I really REALLY want to win the scarf, but she is my friend, and I want to help her out and get her name out there as much as possible. We've been friends for a long time. First our older brothers were friends, and then our families became friends. I grew up going to July 4th picnics at her parents farmhouse (she and I would play Charlies Angels in the barn...oh yeah, we go back a long way) and our families spent Christmas Eves together, and still do! We were even on the high school pom squad together. If I knew where any of my old pics were, I'd include one. Anyway, the whole point of this is to send you over to her blog, here so you can check out how fabulously creative she is. And you should also become her fan on Facebook.


Super talented awesome friend number 2 is Michelle. Michelle and I worked together at PA in Little Rock. She is a super talented graphic designer, a wonderful writer, and a great friend. She also has a blog all about her adventures as a mom. She has the cutest little girl, Lily. Read all about their adventures,
here.
Michelle is responsible for our new Hopie-Jo logo (as seen above). WE LOVE IT!!! She is also making us business cards and a banner for our Etsy shop. Cuz we currently don't have a banner and our shop looks really dull. Thank you so much Michelle for helping us out!! And for being so darn talented. And for being a great friend!!


Super talented awesome friend number 3 is Melissa. Melissa and I were Brownie Troop leaders together for our daughters Brownie Troop (our daughters are great friends!). We had so much fun together!!! And I really got to see and appreciate her talent as an artist. She and her husband have a website that highlights their work
, check it out Aguiar Art Designs, here. Because Melissa has a heart of gold and likes to help her friends (in this instance, me) she is making us, Hopie-Jo, animated banners and blinkies. She has done some great designs for us, now I just need to ask her to tweak her designs and insert our new logo. Here is a banner she is currently working on for us as seen on her blog here. Melissa also does electronic scrapbooking and creates gorgeous pages! So make sure to check out her blog too, here.Her blog is so full of cool graphic type blinkie stuff...she needs to teach me how to bling up this blog! Melissa, help!


We have lots of other talented, creative and wonderful friends, but we'll have to tell you about them later. Especially our friend currently creating a website for us! You'll learn all about her when our site goes live and we gush all about her in a blog!


We are lucky girls with such wonderful friends!

1 comments:

michelle said...

Blushing. That’s what I’m doing right this very moment! And I feel all special and silly inside too. :) Thanks for your sweet words, you awesome friend and talented maker of bottle caps and bows and stuff!
I wanna be Kate Jackson, k?